WHO WE ARE
WestK is a church for everyone, located in the Kalamazoo area. Whether you are just checking out the Christian faith or are a devoted follower of Jesus, our goal is to create an environment where you can experience the presence of God in a life-transforming way, to build connection, and do life together. People from every walk of life and place on their spiritual journey have found a home at WestK and we hope you will too.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a typical worship service like?
- The worship service is approximately an hour long and includes many different ways to express worship to God, like: Singing, Biblical Message, Communion, Body Life & Prayer.
What should I wear?
- Our people feel comfortable dressing casual or dressing up. The important thing is that you have a heart that's ready to worship God.
What kind of music do you sing?
- Our worship service, though it leans toward a contemporary feel, sometimes includes traditional music as well. Our goal is to worship God regardless of style.
What is the history and size of West K?
- West K first began in 1978. What started out as a group of just a few families has grown to include upwards toward many people today.
How do I become a member?
- First, come and discover who we are. We trust you will feel welcomed and accepted. We encourage you to observe and ask questions. When you are ready to talk about membership, one of our leaders or staff will be happy to meet with you and discuss this in detail.
Who do I go to with a question?
- When you are present with us, a great place to start is by just asking someone near you or to visit our Welcome Center. If they can't answer your question, they will help you find someone who can. If you are calling from home, please contact our office at 375-2202.
How do small groups work at West K?
- People need the Lord and one another. At West K you will discover a variety of small group opportunities that give you the opportunity to connect and grow with others. We have gender specific men's and women's groups along with integrated groups. Most of our small groups meet for a specific purpose and for a set period of time.
Members as well as non-members participate in our small groups. All groups are led by one of our members. Small groups provide an environment for building relationships and for nurturing spiritual growth. Small groups at West K are safe places where trust is built gradually and where ideas and questions are openly invited and discussed.